Board of Governors
- B.A. in Economics (1st Class Honour), Thammasat university, 1971
- M.A. in Economics, Thammasat university, 1973
- Ph.D. in Economics, Stanford University USA, 1978
- Associate Professor in Economics, with expertise on Agricultural Economics and Development
- Senator and Chairperson of the Public Participation Committee during 2000-2006
- Member of the Constitution Drafting Assembly of Thailand in 2007
- An anchorman of television programs promoting local wisdom and supporting participatory democracy such as People’s Stage (“เวทีชาวบ้าน”), Looking at Different Angles (“มองต่าง มุม”), Let Me Think Too (“ขอคิดด้วยฅน”), also The Explorer (“นักสำรวจ”)
- Member of National Reform Council and Chairperson of Committee on System Reform in Preparation for Aging Society in 2015
- Board of Directors Member at Airports of Thailand Public Company Limited (Independent Director) (Airports of Thailand PLC.: AOT) in 2007
- Co-Founder of Thai Media Foundation
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering, Chulalongkorn University
- Master of Information Processing, Tokyo Institute of Technology
- Ph. D. Information Processing, Tokyo Institute of Technology
- Committee of the National Integrated Education Network Development Plan
- Independent Director, MCOT Plc.
- Subcommittee in Plan Creation to Change Through Radio and Television to the Digital System of Thailand.
- Working with world-famous units such as Sony, NHK and NICT, Japan
B.Sc. in Marine Science at Chulalongkorn University in 1982
M.Sc. in Zoology at University of Hawaii in 1987
PhD. in Oceanography at University of Hawaii in 1993
- Former Director of Geo-Informatics and Space Technology Development Agency (GISTDA), Ministry of Science and Technology (2 Terms)
- Former Lecturer, Faculty of Science, Chulalongkorn University
- Former Director, Southeast Asia START Regional Center – SEA START RC
- Former Board member of various state enterprises and public organizations
- Former Member of various national and international committees on Climate Changes, Water resources, Marine Environment, Disaster, Forest and Land Mangement and Policy
- Resource person and commentor on Environmental Changes, Water Resource Management and Natural Disasters for various media including Thai PBS
Education / Training
- Ph.D. Econ. (International economics, finance and development), Fordham University New York, USA 2000.
- M.B.A., Southeastern University 1992.
- M. Econ, Fordham University New York, USA 1996.
- B.A. (Political Science) (Honours), Chulalongkorn University 1989 / Studied at faculty of Law Thammasat University (2 Years) /Studied at Faculty of Law – Ramkumheang University (2 Years)/Studied at Faculty of Political Science, Graduate Level – Thammasat University (1 year)
- Director Certification Program (DCP), IOD
- Strategy and Policy Development, IOD
- Audit Committee Program (ACP), IOD
- Role of the Chairman Program (RCP), IOD
- Role of the Compensation Committee (RCC), IOD
- Financial Statement for Directors (FSC), IOD
- Monitoring the System of Internal Control and Risk Management (MIR), IOD
- Monitoring the Quality of Financial Reporting (MFR), IOD
- State-enterprise Leadership Development for Senior Managers (Class 2), King Prajadhipok’s Institute
- How New Foreign Bribery Laws Affect Companies in Thailand, IOD
- Executive Program in Advanced Energy Literacy – Thailand Energy Academy (Class 10)
- May 2007 – Present: Lecturer and Assistant Professor (2012), Faculty of Economics, Rangsit University.
- September 2020 – Present: TPBS Policy Board, Thai Public Broadcasting Service
- 2017 – present: Chairperson, Bangchak Bioethanol Inc.
- 2011 – present: Chairman of Audit Committee, Cho Thavee PCL.
- 2014 – 2015: Bank of Thailand Board member and Audit Committee
- 2019 – 2020 Director, Research Center for Economic and Business Reform, Rangsit University.
- 2007 – 2019 Faculty of Economics Dean, Rangsit University.
- 2008 – 2013 Director, Research Center for Economic and Business Reform, Rangsit University.
- 2013 – 2018 Former Vice President, Research and Academic Affairs, Rangsit University
- 2000 – present: Special Lecturer and quest speaker for many leading institutions and universities in Thailand.
- 2008 – April 2011: Director and Chairman of Audit Committee, MCOT Public Company Limited
- 2002 – April 2016: Director and Chairman of Audit Committee, Bangchak Petroleum Public Company Limited
- 2002 – April 2016: Director and Chairman of Audit Committee, Provincial Waterworks Authority of Thailand
- 2011 – 2014 : Executive Director, New Business Fund, Office of Higher Education Commission
- 2008 – 2011 : Executive Director, The Telecommunications Universal Service Obligation (USO)
- 2008 – 2010 : Director and Chairman of Risk Management Committee, Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives
- 2005 – 2006 Board Member and Director, Public Policy Development Office, Office of The Prime Minister
- 2005 – 2007 : Director, Center for the Promotion of National Strength on Moral Ethics and Values, Moral Center, Office of the Prime Minister
- 2005 – 2006 : Managing Director, BT Asset Management Company Limited (CIMB Principal Asset Management)
- 2002 – 2006 : Director, Family Know How Company Limited (a subsidiary of Stock Exchange of Thailand)
- 2002 – 2006 : Director and Chairman of Internal Audit Committee, Thailand Post Company Limited
- 2002 – 2005 : Senior Director, Research and Fund Management Office, Bankthai Public Company Limited (CIMB Thai Bank)
- 2000 - 2002 : Vice President, Corporate Regulatory, Research and Public Affairs, Citibank
- 1996 – 1999 : Manager – Research and MIS Department, Emerging Market Global Consumer Banking, Citibank /Country Economist – Treasury Department, Citigroup (Citibank and Salamon Smithbarney)
Other positions and responsibilities
- 2019 – present: Chairperson and Director, Pridi Banomyong Institute
- Former Director, Public DEBT Policy and Management Committee, Ministry of Finance
- Member, Sub-committee on Performance Evaluation of State-Owned Enterprises, Ministry of Finance
- Former Committee and Board member, Office of National Research Council of Thailand (Economics)
- Former Director Office of National Education Council of Thailand and Chairman of National Education Plan 2017-2032 Drafting Committee
- Former Director and Audit Committee - Bank of Thailand
- Former Director Public Policy Development Office, Prime Minister Office
- Bachelor Degree in Mass Communication at Chulalongkorn University Graduated in 1978
- Master Degree in Social Development at National Institute of Development Administration (NIDA) in 2002
- Worked in press; interviewing, writing news articles, columnists in socio-economics and political critics, and analysis in newspapers, radio, and television.
- Hosted a radio-TV program
- A Chief Editor overseeing the policies, and news coverage planning.
- Member of the Constituent Assembly of Thailand drafted The People’s Constitution in 1997.
- Member of the National Reform Council in 2014
- Gave interviews as a speaker on radio programs on various occasions
- Author of books related to social issues, politics, democracy, cultures and media.
B.A. in Journalism, Faculty of Communication Arts, Chulalongkorn University
M.A. in Mass Communication Research, Thammasat University
M.A. in Gender Analysis and Development at the School of Development Studies, University of East Anglia, UK
- 2017 - 2020 : Programme Manager, Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO), Thailand
- 2014 – 2016: Consultant, HIV/AIDS and Adolescent Section, UNICEF Thailand
- 2000 - 2014: Project Officer, Path2Health Foundation, Thailand
• B.A. Law at Ramkhamhaeng University
• M.A. Law at Chulalongkorn University
• Political and Economic News reporter of Tawan Siam and Khao Sod Newspaper
• Assistant Chief Editor of Economic and Political news, Bangkok Biz News paper
• Publishing Editor and Advertiser of the Bangkok Biz News paper
• Consulting Editor of The Nation Group
• External Lecturer at Ratchabhat Suan Dusit University, Bangkok University, Chulalongkorn University, Thammasat University, Huaqiao University etc.
• Dean of Mass Communication Faculty, Nation University
• Journalism Code of Ethics and Standard Control Committee at Thai Journalist Association (TJA)
• Managing Director at the Healthcare Accreditation Institute (public Organization)
Current field of expertise
• Legal issues (Lawyer)
• External Lecturer and Expert Lecturer in Mass Communication and Journalism in higher educational level for public and private institutions.
• Board of Governor at Thai Public Broadcasting Service (Thai PBS)
• Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.), Chulalongkorn University
• Master of Information Science (B.Sc.), College of Digital Innovation Technology, Rangsit University
• Ph.D. Candidate, Communication Arts at Chulalongkorn University
• Assistant Managing Director Media Company, Ltd. (under Channel 7 HD’s conglomerate)
• Deputy Director of Program Content, Thai Public Broadcasting Service (Thai PBS)
• Director for Program, Thairat TV (channel HD 32)
• Director of the Program Department and Member of the Board of Directors of the Thai Public Broadcasting Service (Thai PBS)
• TV Program Managing Director, Deputy Managing Director at JSL Ltd.
Bachelor's Degree: Master of Economics, Thammasat University
Master's Degree: M.Env.Sc. Monash University
Ph.D.: Human Ecology, Australian National University
• Director of ‘Leader Leadership for Future’ Project
• Network Coordinator for ‘ก่อการครู’ (Gor-Gan-Kru) or The Teachers’ Movements also works to drive Thai educational reform through Project ‘โรงเรียนร่วมพัฒนา’, Project ‘โรงเรียนปล่อยแสง’ (lit. means ‘School Emitting Lights’) and Project ‘บัวหลวงก่อการครู’ (Bua Luang Teachers’ Movement) with 23 schools joining and 10 learning nodes
•Advisor to Project ‘Game Design, Society Design’, ‘Clean Energy Teachers’ by the Faculty of Learning Sciences and Education, Thammasat University
• Head of the Research and Development Project ‘Thai Civil Society: The Making of Thai Citizens’
• Head of the Integrative Research Network of the Tha-chin and Mae Klong River Basins
• Head of the Integrative Research Network of the Western Studies (National Outstanding Research Project Award in 2010)
• Head of the Research and Assessment Project to The Royal Initiative Discovery’s Project in Nan Province
• Dean of the Environmental Science and Natural Resource Faculty, Director of the Contemplative Education and Vice President for Physical Environment and Facilities, Mahidol University, Salaya Campus
• Founder and Dean of the Faculty of Learning Sciences and Education, Thammasat University, Rangsit Campus